Car wheels are among the filthiest car components. They collect dust, dirt, grease, and grime—you name it. Aside from accumulating into nasty buildups, they can interfere with your car’s performance and make rides less enjoyable.
Therefore, it is very important that you pay enough attention and invest time and effort into taking care of them. To do that, you should know how to clean car wheels and rims.
Even though you may be tempted to just simply blast a stream of high-pressure water to wash them, this is not enough. There are other steps that you must take to clean rims and tires properly.
In general, the steps to clean car rims at home are:
- Turn off your car and check if the tires are ready to be cleaned
- Get rid of as much loose filth as possible with a high-pressure hose
- Apply the wheel cleaner as guided on the product’s descriptions
- Scrub the wheel and rims with a brush in circular motions
- Rinse the cleaning solution away with a high-pressure hose
- Scrub the wheels and rims thoroughly with a DIY solution
- Rinse the wheels and wash off all the soap
- Dry all the wheels and rims completely
- Coat a protective layer to prevent future filth
You can learn the details and other essential information on cleaning wheels as you read. So, what are you waiting for? Go on!