For as long as there have been cars, there have been legions of oil-stained tinkerers customising, modifying and rebuilding them, whether to make them faster, better to drive or just a bit prettier to look at.
Even as cars have become more complex, it’s never been easier to modify your own car by yourself and the rise of popular YouTube shows like Mighty Car Mods, ChrisFix and Roadkill have inspired millions of have-a-go-heroes to try their hand at their first car modifications.
So, what are the best car mods that actually work and offer greatest bang for buck value? We list ten of the best car modifications for every skill level, whether you’re a total beginner or a seasoned greasemonkey.
- BUY A NEW SET OF ALLOY WHEELS.
- CHANGE TYRES, TRANSFORM YOUR CAR.
- UPGRADE YOUR SUSPENSION.
- IMPROVE SOUND AND PERFORMANCE WITH AN INDUCTION KIT.
- UPGRADE WITH AN AFTERMARKET EXHAUST.
- BRAKE UPGRADES ARE ALWAYS WORTH IT.
- GET AN ECU REMAP FOR INSTANT POWER GAINS.
- WIDER IS BETTER WITH WHEEL SPACERS.
- TIGHTEN UP YOUR HANDLING WITH ANTI-ROLL BARS.
- KEEP YOUR CAR CLEAN WITH A GOOD WASH AND WAX.
VIEW MORE DETAILS: Performance Alloys
Tags: modifications, alloy wheels, tyres, suspension, induction kit, exhaust, brakes, re-map, tuning, spacers, anti roll bar, cleaning, motorbymotor